Nigerian citizens residing in Canada seeking to obtain a Nigerian passport (Standard Passport or Official Passport) are required to follow these steps carefully:
- Complete an online application form for the right E-Passport through the Nigerian Immigration Services online portal (Please note that you will be asked to make online payment through the SW Global LLC Payment portal in order to be able to submit your form successfully). Remember to print your completed online application for easy reference to the Application ID and the additional data submitted in your online application.
- Pay the passport application fees. The following independent payments are required accordingly for each E-Passport application processing
- E-Passport application fee of CAD$65 payable through the SW Global LLC Payment portal. Remember to print your payment receipt off the payment portal as you will need to tender the receipt along with the additional supporting documents for your E-Passport application.
- E-Passport administrative fee of CAD$30 or CAD$100 (if the application is an out-of-state service request) in Canadian money order payable to the Nigerian High Commission, Ottawa. The money order should be included with the additional supporting documents for your E-Passport application.
- If you cannot present an existing Nigerian Machine Readable Passport (MRP) when applying for your E-Passport, you are required to pay a Federal Government of Nigeria levy of USD$250 in the form of money order payable to the Nigerian High Commission, Ottawa.
- Prepare a complete application kit for your E-Passport application. Your application kit will consist of the following:
- A print out of the completed online application for E-Passport submitted on the Nigerian Immigration Services online portal.
- A print out of the proof of payment for the E-Passport application fee of CAD$65 paid through the SW Global LLC Payment portal. This includes the online payment receipt and the acknowledgement slip.
- Payment for the administrative fee of CAD$30 or CAD$100 (if the application is an out-of-state service request) in Canadian money order payable to the Nigerian High Commission, Ottawa.
- A photocopy of the bio-date page of current MRP (please include the actual MRP in the application kit also)
- One recent coloured passport size photograph 1½ inch x 1 ½ inch. Please ensure that the background of the photograph is plain white. The photograph should not be older than 3 months and ensure your full name and the print date are written and stamped respectively at the back.
- A self-addressed return mailing envelop. Please note that we ONLY accept Canada Priority Post and Expresspost Envelop; and the High Commission would not address any un-addressed envelope.
- E-Passport application for minors under 16 years of age or infants born in Canada or outside Nigeria requires the birth certificate, letter of consent from the parents and photocopy of the data page of the parents
- Single parents applying for children passport must submit letter of sole custody from a NotaryPublic.
- All applications for re-issue of lost E-Passport require submiting a Letter of Application addressed to The Minister - Consular and Immigration, Nigeria High Commission, Ottawa, a police report indicating the previous passport number and a copy of the data page of the lost passport.
- On confirm your online interview schedule with the Nigerian High Commission office, Ottawa, take your complete application kit to the Nigerian High Commission's office at 295 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON, Canada in person. Applicants for E-Passport are required to appear in person at the High Commission after completing the online application on the Nigerian Immigration Services website.
You can call the Passport section of the High Commission directly at 1-900-528-0546 ext 228 or 233